Psychic Readings FAQs
Psychics, Clairvoyants & the Spirit World
Below you will find a series of questions that clients have asked, we have showcased them here as we believe many of the questions are things that clients frequently seek answers to. All of the questions have been answered by our psychic readers – both past and present.
- Q. I have heard that psychics have rather turbulent lives, why if they are able to see clearly the problems around their clients, can they not see their own?
- A. You appear to be making an assumption that life could be trouble free for all of us if only we knew what was coming up… I believe that we are born to experience problems and that we strengthen and grow by learning from them. A lifetime of work in this field tells me that difficult patches in life are inevitable. You may be able to see trouble ahead but whatever you do, the situation cannot be avoided. In that sense it’s like saying all roads lead to Rome.
This, of course, fringes on the question of whether everything is fated or we have free will. I think most of the major situations we encounter in life are fated but the way we handle them is entirely a matter of free will and a good psychic reader will advise on this aspect of the client’s situation.
I also think that some of us are predestined, by virtue of our characters and circumstances, to face more challenges in life than others. Have you considered the possibility that some readers get into this profession because they have unusually turbulent lives and learn to be caring and empathetic?
I think the purpose of having a reading is not to somehow steer a course through life that avoids all difficulty but to examine causes of problems and work out how best to deal with them and learn from what happens.
- Q. I paid someone advertising spells over £600 so that my ex-boyfriend would return to me. So far the spell has not worked. The person who sold me the spell guaranteed that it would work and has now asked me to send him a further £400 so that he can complete the spell. What should I do?
- A. We suggest that you contact the Wiccan Circle, whose members can provide free spells.
- Q. I don't understand Past Life Regression. How does it work?
- A. My own personal theory is that DNA flows through the ancestral chain and therefore DNA which was present in our ancestors hundreds and thousands of years ago is present in us today and this DNA will be passed on to your offspring and will continue for thousands of years to come. I believe that because we only use 10% of our brain, the DNA memory cells are stored somewhere deep in our brain cells elsewhere. Logically, when one is taken back during hypnosis, these memory cells are triggered and we can recall ‘past lives’. These are, however, very vague recollections.
- Q. If I have a reading, will the reader ask me questions?
- A. A consultation, or reading, is a two way thing and there needs to be dialogue between the reader and his client. For example, if you went to the Doctor and told him you were not feeling well, the Doctor would ask you to explain the symptoms. You wouldn't say to the Doctor "You tell me what my symptoms are, you are the Doctor," would you? Similarly, a professional clairvoyant will ask you to verify what he or she is picking up and ask you questions simply to confirm he has tuned in correctly to your ‘inner psyche’. You will not gain any benefit if you say absolutely nothing. Like the Doctor, a Clairvoyant needs to be able to diagnose your problem. If you feel your reader is asking you too many questions, it is best to reverse the situation and start asking questions yourself to obtain the answers you are seeking.
- Q. How much should I pay for a reading? There are several clairvoyants advertising really low prices for a reading - some even offer free readings. How do I know which will give me the best reading and value for money?
- A. The saying goes ‘there is no such thing as a free lunch’ - no clairvoyant is going to sit around all day reading for nothing. This is usually a ploy to get you to have a credit card reading. Secondly, those offering cheap readings may employ readers who are prepared to work for less. A professional clairvoyant needs to be paid what he or she is worth. We, at the Circle of Professional Clairvoyants, pay our readers considerably more than most to ensure that only the highest quality readers work on our lines and this is reflected in our prices. Several companies employ readers who read from cue cards or scripts who are prepared to work for pin money. These companies can afford to advertise cheap readings.
- Q. How do I know your readers are gifted?
- A. We thoroughly test and vet our readers before allowing them to read for our clients. We have a ‘mystery caller’ who regularly checks them for quality. Our reputation depends on the quality of our readers; hence we turn away 9 out of 10 readers who apply to join us.
- Q. If I pay by credit card, how will this appear on my statement?
- A. On your statement you will see ‘i4c Psychic Readings’. Normally there are two entries, one for a 20 minute reading and then a second entry for any additional minutes.
- Q. How do your readers do their readings?
- A. Every reader is different, but each has a unique ability to tune in to their client. There are several methods of divination, i.e. crystal ball, runes, Tarot, I Ching etc. Even natural adepts need something upon which to focus. Whichever methods our readers use, you can be assured that each is skilled in their craft and will provide you with a quality reading.
- Q. What is the difference between a Psychic, Medium or Clairvoyant?
- A. A Clairvoyant is someone who has ‘clear vision’ or is clairsentient (has the ability to sense things). A Medium is someone who has the ability to make contact with the departed on ‘the other side’. A Clairvoyant can also be a Medium and a Medium can also be a Clairvoyant. A Psychic is someone who can sense the ‘here and now’ and offer some indication of what may happen in the future.
- Q. How detailed are your readings?
- A. Firstly, we would never employ a reader who is vague or talked gobbledegook. All of our readers are trained professionals, vastly experienced and, as such, can get to the facts very quickly. We do, however, firmly believe that a client’s destiny lies in his or her own hands. Our readers can only advise what they see might happen – and provide psychic guidance. Please remember that a reader cannot make your decisions for you (but can advise what can happen based on which decision you make). For example, if a reader says “turn left” and you turn right, you change destiny.
- Q. How is it possible to do a reading over the phone? Isn't a face to face reading more reliable?
- A. Believe it or not, a telephone reading may be much more precise and honest than a face to face reading. A face to face reading is normally booked days, or weeks in advance. In the case of Psychic Fayres, they are undertaken with people milling around causing distraction. A face to face reading allows the Clairvoyant to pick up clues from the way you dress your mannerisms and your body language. A telephone reading differs completely, because it is more or less taken on impulse. The reader cannot pick up clues from your appearance and has to rely solely on his professional psychic ability to form a connection. Therefore, a telephone reading provides you with a Clairvoyant who relies 100% on what he senses or feels, without pre-judging you.
- Q. Should I request a 20 minute reading; will the reader tell me when 20 minutes has elapsed? I am asking this because I am aware that extra minutes have to be paid for.
- A. Our readers are 100% professional and, as such, need to concentrate totally on your reading. Should our readers have to clock watch and channel at the same time, you will not receive the maximum benefit from your reading. It is therefore best if you keep an eye on the time personally and allow your reader to devote all his attention to your reading.
- Q. I had a reading from a reputable clairvoyant, who predicted that my boyfriend would come back to me. I have now discovered he has another girlfriend. How can the reader have been so wrong?
- A. All a clairvoyant can do is sense what has happened in the past, what is happening now, and what ‘might’ happen in the future given certain circumstances. I am certain that at the time of your reading your boyfriend was seriously thinking of coming back to you but, as you know, situations do change. My advice is to have faith in the clairvoyant, not contact your ex-boyfriend at all and move forward. Then wait and see!
- Q. I don't like readers who use Tarot cards. I do not believe they are clairvoyants.
- A. Unfortunately, largely due to misconception and the fact that some psychic bureaus use Tarot readers who read from scripts, the public may feel a little uneasy about readers who use Tarot cards. Please let me put your mind at ease. A real professional clairvoyant will not read the cards as such, but will use them solely as a focus. There are millions of interpretations in just one single Tarot card. However, an experienced reader has a thorough knowledge of his or her craft and will use his own heart to feel, his own eyes to see and his own ears to listen. No book can teach a gifted clairvoyant the meaning of the cards because intuition is a gift and cannot be taught.