Search Our Blog
18 Sep 2020
An image of a psychic portrayed scrying into a crystal ball is fairly stereotypical. However, that shouldn’t take away from the value that ‘Crystallomancy’ has. This term describes the ancient practise of using a reflective surface, such as a crystal ball, mirror or even water to provide guidance to events through internal images that are interpreted by the reader.
Choosing a Crystal Ball
You might imagine that the perfect crystal ball would be completely clear – blemish and imperfection free. But, in fact – it is better to choose a natural quartz ball (as opposed to one made from glass or lead crystal). That has some inner markings, that allow your eyes to gaze in and around.
Aim for a ball that fits into the palm of your hand, roughly the size of an orange. It needn’t be expensive, but you should feel drawn to it. Look for something with depth and variety, to assist your clairvoyant feelings as you start out.
You might be surprised to hear that you don’t need to have any special psychic abilities when you first start reading with a crystal ball.
Rather, you need to be attuned to your inner-thoughts, and able to rely on your intuition and have keen observation gifts.
Over time you can start a reading with a question in mind, and interpret what you see as it relates to the situation, relationship etc. In the meantime, concentrate on getting to the point of seeing things within the ball:
- Look at the ball, then imagine that it is filled with a spectrum of colour.
- Over the course of a few minutes, the colours should dissipate leaving you with a softer hue of white.
- Close your eyes briefly, then open and stare straight into the centre of the ball. Do you get a clear image? If not, rotate the ball and see if any shapes form.
- At the beginning the images may not be sharp, but over time you will be able to determine them with more detail, they should be come three dimensional and they may even move!
- Note down any thoughts, phrases or words that come to mind as you look at the image/ball. No matter how random. Later you can reflect if the images or messages in any way relate to the question in hand.
- If you struggle to see anything to begin with, you can try staring at the ball with an intense gaze, literally until your eyes feel sleepy and as if they want to shut. Let them close, and then open and re-look at the ball – what do you see and sense?