Search Our Blog
10 Aug 2018
Dreaming of flying or soaring in some way are some of the most common dreams that people have. Broadly speaking they are about feeling empowered, literally breaking free from the binds and limitations that tie you as well as representing ambition.
Flying dreams do tend to occur at certain junctures in our lives:
- When you are searching for the meaning of the ‘bigger picture’, you are trying to break free from the humdrum of life and see what you will achieve overall.
- You are assessing where you fit in the world, where will your ambitions take you.
- You want a psychological escape from your day-day life and its associated problems.
- You maybe experiencing a time where you feel helpless or even inferior, and like you are unable to help.
- You are ready to overcome obstacles and difficulties in your way, in order to succeed and achieve your dreams.
Assessing flying dreams, does to some extent depend on how you flew:
Flying Free means that you are already on the road to success, minimal effort will continue to steer you, you should achieve your goals easily.
Wings in a dream stand for ethics and morals. Growing Angel wings suggest you will be hearing from a higher realm, sprouting bird wings suggest the gift of foresight.
Flying like a bird where you have simulated flapping your arms and legs like a bird and have successfully floated into the air suggests that you are very determined. It could be easy to stop pursuing your dream, but this message tells you to continue your efforts – you will get there in the end.
Failure to fly, if in your dream you are trying to take off, but are not successful, then the chances are in life you are feeling bogged down and like things are all a bit too mundane. This may mean that an ambition is out of your reach at this time, perhaps it is too much of a dream, and it is time to re-evaluate!
Falling occurs after you have successfully been soaring for a while, this can demonstrate that you are unsure about your current path, and that generally your desire for a certain project or person is waning. The falling signifies a sense of lack of control – you need to be honest with yourself about what you want next!
Flying into the light, represents experiences that have been lost, and connecting to the past. It is a rare dream to have, but it may be time to create new memories and let go of some past hurts.Tweet