Search Our Blog
8 Jan 2016
Post-Christmas can be a bit of an anti-climax, the weather is dreary, it’s back to work and perhaps you feel a bit run down, as if you burnt the candle at both ends for a bit too long.
If that is the case then there are skills that you can learn and exercises you can try to heal yourself; to feel stronger and more energetic and to fight off colds and bugs that are so prevalent at this time of year:
Breathing like a Butterfly
Why not try ‘Breathing like a Butterfly’, this exercise is about becoming quickly powerful – imagine just how quickly a butterfly gains its beauty.
Breathing like a Butterfly will enable you to harness healing forces into your body with each breath:
- Take a deep breath in and as you do hold your hands over your heart, then towards the end extend your arms and hands up into the air.
- Imagine you are tuned in to the universes energy.
- Then take a big deep breath out, and as you do so let your arms and hands relax and fall to your sides.
- You can repeat this exercise up to ten times, each time you will be drawing more and more healing energy into your body.
Use the butterfly exercise at any point when you feel your stress levels are rising, and you will find yourself better able to cope with all that you have to do.
Sting like a Bee
The next exercise is called ‘Sting like a Bee’ just as it sounds this is about the short sharp shock that a bee sting provides.
Use your visualisation powers to zap away enemies of the immune system, to prevent you getting run down with colds and bugs that can plague us when we over-do things:
- You can stand up or lie down for this exercise, mentally scan your whole body – from the top of your head to each individual toe. As you become more and more aware of each element of your body you should relax in to a state of calm. As you do try to sense any areas of your body that feel hurt or tense.
- In this next step focus only on the areas that you have identified are hurt and tense. Now imagine that a whole army of strong soldier cells are marching over you, seeking out any pain and endeavouring to destroy it.
- The more graphic your imagination is at this point – the better, so let your guard down and forget your inhibitions. In your mind you can imagine the soldier cells are using any tactic to be really effective in killing off any viruses.
(The soldiers in this exercise can be anything you want – they could be worker ants, bees or computer action figures – whatever works best for you to make the visualisation as energetic as possible).
Ref: Discover Your Sixth Sense, Julie SoskinTweet